Chapel of Saint-Julien
Rue de l'Esplanade Saint-Julien 76140 LE PETIT-QUEVILLY / Vallée de Seine
Built in the 12th century, Saint Julien Chapel is an exceptional example of Romanesque architecture in Normandy. It holds frescoes dating back to the 12th century depicting Christ’s childhood.
The Saint-Julien Chapel, the only example of Romanesque architecture in the area of Rouen, houses murals from the 12th century. Built in 1160 by Henry II of England, it was a place of worship until 1183. It was then turned into a leper colony, an outbuilding belonging to the Carthusian monastery, and then into a hay barn. Nowadays, it holds concerts and contemporary art exhibitions.
Chapel, Gothic, Romanesque, Official historical monument of France (MHC)
Services : Bicycle parking
Activities available on site : Temporary exhibitions
The visit lasts approximately : 30 min
Languages spoken : English
Tours available in : English