Palais de justice - Parlement de Normandie
36 rue aux Juifs 76000 Rouen / Vallée de Seine
Gothic style architecture. The main building was built in the Middle Age where used to be the Jewish quarter of the town. The western part is the oldest one as it was built in 1499 to welcome the Échiquier de Normandie. It was converted in Parliament of Normandy by François 1st. The building at the end of the yard was built in the 16th century to be the Palais Royal. The esatern part was built in the 19th century. It is presently the Palais de Justice.
In the parliament yard a Jewish monument was discovered in 1976. This is a proof that Rouen was one of the most important intellectual place in Europe at the time of William the Conqueror.
Gothic, Listed or registered (CNMHS)
- from 01 january 2017 to 31 december 2017 (Group - Single)
The visit lasts approximately : 120 min
Languages spoken : English, German, Spanish, Italian
Aux horaires de Rouen Normandie Tourisme & Congrès (25 place de la Cathédrale), de nombreux ouvrages sur le Parlement de Normandie et le Monument Juif.
|Base rate - full rate adult||From 7.00€
|Child rate||From 5.00€
|Audio guide||From 5.00€
|Rate for adult group||From 130.00€
|School group rate||From 65.00€