Statue monumentale du Christ Roi
Rue de la Briganderie 76700 SAINT-LAURENT-DE-BREVEDENT
Patrimoine rural de la Seine-Maritime
The history of this monument is quite original and takes us back to 1943 and 1944 with the intensification of the bombing. Due to the strategic proximity of the railroad and the German anti-aircraft batteries, the township thought it would suffer serious damage. But it was spared, especially from the 1944 bombings. To show their gratitude, the population and the parish priest decided to erect a monumental statue. They called upon Marcel Adam, a sculptor from Le Havre, who made the statue in direct cut in Burgundy stone. Erected in 1946, the statue was named "Christ the Liberator".
Calvary and parish nclosures