Valleuse de Sotteville-sur-Mer
76740 Sotteville-sur-Mer / Côte d'Albâtre
A symbole of the past of Sotteville.
It was sculpted in the chalk in 1890, to enable the sailors to reach the sea. They had shelters dug in the cliffs along the 231 steps.
Between the 2 wars, tourists used to reach the beach thanks to it. It was destructed during the occupation to prevent any access by the sea.
It was built anew in 1954 and is still a local attraction.
Talen rondleiding : Frans
Altijd vrije bezoeken : ja