12 rue Raoul Auvray 76540 VALMONT / Côte d'Albâtre
Founded in 1169 by Nicolas d’Estouteville, grandson of a companion of William the Conqueror, it was entrusted to Benedictine monks from Hambye Abbey in the Manche Department. After the French Revolution, private owners lived there for 200 years and in 1994, it was bought by the Benedictine Community of Lisieux.
Renovated church. Choir, chapel, stained glass windows. 17th century convent building. Benedictine nuns.
Abbey, Renaissance, Official historical monument of France (MHC), Listed or registered (CNMHS)
|Every day||11:00 - 12:00||14:30 - 17:00|
The visit lasts approximately : 30 min
Languages spoken : English
Methods of payment : Postal or bank cheques, Holiday vouchers, Cash