Rue de l'Esplanade Saint-Julien 76140 Le Petit-Quevilly / Vallée de Seine
The Saint-Julien Chapel, the only example of Romanesque architecture in the area of Rouen, houses murals from the 12th century. Built in 1160 by Henry II of England, it was a place of worship until 1183. It was then turned into a leper colony, an outbuilding belonging to the Carthusian monastery, and then into a hay barn. Nowadays, it holds concerts and contemporary art exhibitions.
Gothic, Romanesque, Official historical monument of France (MHC)
Activities available on site : Temporary exhibitions
The visit lasts approximately : 30 min
Languages spoken : English