186 rue Martainville 76000 Rouen / Vallée de Seine
The history of this strange, yet exceptional site dates from the Great Plague of 1348, which killed three-fourths of the parish. The Aître St. Maclou was thus built as a plague cemetery. The building is now home to the Regional Fine Arts School. A glass case near the entrance contains a cat skeleton that was found in the walls.
Cemetery, Renaissance, Official historical monument of France (MHC)
Activities available on site : Temporary exhibitions